You clamored for it, here it is at last! Amazon announcement today the deployment of new interface of its streaming platform on Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Stick 4K! The opportunity to come back, once again, to the novelties that we had already observed at the end of 2020 on the latest models such as the Fire TV Stick Lite.
Fire TV: a simplified interface
It is the most important system update ever operating the streaming boxes ofAmazon ! A novelty that we were all impatiently waiting for and that you kept asking us for on our Facebook group. It must be said that the previous version was perhaps a little too muddled ...
Still based on Android TV, the new Fire TV OS has changed its look and has some airs of Android TV, it must be admitted. But for customers ofAmazon, who can now enjoy it on their older devices such as Fire TV Stick 4K et Fire TV Cube, this is a new interface that makes the user experience definitely simpler and more personalized.
Say goodbye to the menu at the top of the screen, the navigation bar is now in place in the center of your connected TV with only four tabs and customizable favorites.
- Home : display of news from your favorite services.
- Search : broad or specific searches according to genre (comedy, action, etc.), useful categories (children, family, apps, etc.), etc.
- Live : a tab dedicated to live content.
- Library : a personalized experience with the content of each family member (up to six profiles), recommendations, the possibility of seeing their history, playlists, settings, etc.
- Custom menu : you can choose 6 thumbnails for your favorite services such as Prime Video, YouTube, Netflix, Disney + or Molotov. The others will be accessible via a “three small dot” sticker and access to the settings of your device.
How do I install the Fire TV update?
To enjoy the new Fire TV interface now on your Cube and Stick 4K, nothing could be simpler:
- See you in " Settings ",
- Go to "My Fire TV",
- Select " About ",
- Click on "Install the update" page (in French).